House A - Adaptation of Novakov family house, from the year 1925. House A is a part of the cultural and tourist complex “Terra Pannonica” in the village of Mokrin, in northern Serbia. The estate is planned to consist of five houses of different functional and architectural characteristics, of which two have been completed until now.
After House B was completed in 2010, as an office and studio space with guest apartments for various workshops and other creative activities, House A was completed in 2012 as a guest house with apartments and communal spaces for relaxation and socialization. The newly completed House A is a reconstructed family house from the year 1925, demonstrating both strong sense of continuity and accordance to contemporary life style. The challenge that architects of the Studio AUTORI faced was how to transform both functional scheme and the general appearance of the house, to suit the new functional and aesthetic requirements, but still preserve the original qualities of the ambient.